Saline tattoo lifting requires that we create an open wound in your skin. Aftercare treatment is extremely important in order to reduce the chances of infection and/or visible scarring. Aftercare instructions should also be followed to prevent complications and achieve optimum results. Please read the following carefully.
- Do nothing to the treated tattoo lifting area for the 1st 24 hours after treatment. We want your body’s natural healing process to create a scab during this time.
- Keep the treated area clean & dry and open to the air. Do not cover with a bandage unless temporarily necessary to protect from infection (for example, while working in a dirty environment). The oxygen in the air provides faster healing.
- Do not touch the saline tattoo lifting area except with thoroughly cleaned hands.
- Do not soak the treated area in water until it’s fully healed. No bathing, swimming, saunas, hot tub, tanning or intense exercise is permitted. Shower as normal, cleansing the treated area, being mindful to keep the area treated out of direct spray. Do not get the scab soggy.
- Do not use creams or oils on the saline tattoo lifting scab. Our goal throughout the healing process is to keep the area as dry as possible until it has fully healed.
- Do not disrupt the scabbing process by picking or scratching the scabs. Scabbing needs to fall off naturally. Pulling, picking, or otherwise forcing the scab off prematurely can lead to healing complications and scaring. If itching occurs, gently pat the area with a clean cloth or hand. Do not scratch the scab off.
- Once the scabs have naturally fallen off apply a tiny drop of vitamin E oil to the area 3 times a day and if necessary more often, each day, to keep the healing skin hydrated for up to 4 weeks or until your next appointment. Do not start applying oil until all scabs have fallen off.
A few things you should know:
- Saline tattoo lifting or removal, like any tattoo lighting or removing process, is a long process; often a multi-step procedure and multiple appointments are required for optimum results. Please be patient with the process, especially on larger areas or very old or complicated tattoo work.
- It is important to the process and the integrity of the skin that at least 4-6 full weeks of healing take place before a treated area can be treated again. There are no exceptions to this.
- Expect visible results in 3 – 6 sessions. How many sessions required will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted, how long ago it was implanted, the nature of your skin, your natural healing process and the desired results.
- Should any signs of infection occur during your healing process, you must consult with a physician.